Northeast Pennsylvania Business Center, is a full-service business solution to help build or grow your small business. We offer an array of services for companies that would like to expand or grow through increased sales, reduced overhead, and enhanced infrastructure. NPBC can strategically perform various activities traditionally handled by internal staff and resources. By contracting major business functions to NPBC, businesses are able to focus their efforts on more critical day-to-day business functions and reduce and control operating costs.
Our handpicked team of very capable professionals will collaborate to bring their expert skills and innovation to meet the needs of your company. Most importantly, you can count on us to deliver on our commitments. Our team includes experts in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll, Human Resources, Management Consulting, Web Design, Information Technology, Marketing and Advertising.
Due to our exponential growth, we are seeking a Bookkeeper/Procurement Associate to join our Accounting & Finance team. Job duties include:
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balance’s subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain stock levels, and may also conduct research, negotiate with vendors, and interview prospective suppliers.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- HS Diploma combined with at 7+ years’ experience in an accounting/construction setting
- Previous QuickBooks experience preferred
- Purchasing experience a plus!
- Tax experience a plus!
Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00 or 7:30-4:00